Children are taught ...
People - Past and Societies;
People - Place and Environment;
and People - Society, Economy and Business.
In developing social studies children will learn to:
- develop an understanding of how Scotland developed as a nation, resulting in an appreciation of their local and national heritage within the global community
- broaden their understanding of the world by learning about human activities and achievements in the past and present
- develop their understanding of their own values, beliefs and cultures and those of others
- locate, explore and link periods, people and events in time and place
- locate, explore and link features and places locally and further a field
- engage in entrepreneurial activities which stimulate an enterprising attitude
- develop an understanding of concepts that stimulate enterprise and influence business
- establish firm foundations for lifelong learning and for further specialised study and careers.