Children are taught about Planet Earth, Forces, Electricity and Waves, Biological Systems, Materials and other areas of Science arising from events or interests.
In developing the sciences children will learn through our physical world, our living world and our material world. Children will learn about:
- planet earth, sustainability, biodiversity, climate and earth sciences and astronomy
- energy and the environment, energy transfer, energy sources and energy in food and electricity
- forces and motion
- life and cells, keeping their bodies healthy, cells, biotechnology, reproduction and using their senses.
- communication, communication systems, light and sound
- materials, properties and uses, chemical reactions and forensic science.